A Youtube moment is what one of my students has named the times when I am "silly". For different reasons and at different times I do, say or act silly and often surprise my students by it. One of my students has recently started saying I wish I had a video camera and could put this on you tube, It has now simply become " This is a Youtube moment."
Today's Youtube moment was a result of my frustration. I got frustrated with student for not listening to my simple instructions.....again... I didn't say anything but stepped out of the room for a minute to get myself together, I stepped back into the room and by some miracle I turned my frustration energy into something else and really silly like , with a smile on my face, said, "That's ok I would love to explain it again." It was a mix of a high pitched, super excited voices with a couple of somethin, somethin's..(ya know those singing growls) Hard to explain. Maybe I should record it and put it on here. HAHA. Anyway, the class burst into laughter and I continued speaking in this manner telling the student what he/she should be doing. Of course I was laughing too and it was a great turn of events. Within a couple minutes the student was on task with the rest of the class and we are all smiling. And I have been in good spirits all day, and carried that silliness into youth group tonight.
I am so thankful that I was able to make that switch! It resulted in so much fun. Praying I can remember to do that in the future. Praying we can all realize that if we stop for a second and decide to make a change the results can be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment