Once up on a time I was away on a two day conference. It was four other woman and me. One of the nights we were out for dinner. The check came and I felt/heard 'pay the check'. I talked myself out of it and got up to use the restroom while two of the girls figured out who owed what. While in the restroom I felt/heard again, ' I want you to pay the check'. OK. I decide if they haven't started collecting money I will pay the check. When I got back to the table they still were, so I grabbed the check and payed it. I decided to trust God and pay it. It is probably important to know that I was being frugal on this trip. I had planned to spend little and now I had to pay $95 plus tip. Well, one of the girls said no and grabbed my money purse, I don't know how much she put in, her share was around $20. The details are important now. This was a Thursday. Saturday I was surprised with a $25 gift card to a local department store. Monday and then again Tuesday I received two $10 coupons to two local department stores. And Wednesday I unexpectedly received another $50 in pay from a vitamin company I hadn't earned pay from in months. Now the math
25 + 10 + 10 + 50 = 95.
And if she had put $20 in then she paid the tip. Within a week I had all the money back (but $1? maybe she put that in too). Not only were their meals paid for but mine as well. The Lord speaks in a still small voice. All we have to do is trust and obey. He won't leave us hanging. I love telling this story of how God provided when I trusted. This is not to toot my horn but God's!
From this, and many other things, I have learned it never hurts to be generous with the right heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment