Today a mistake was made by someone and that mistake caused heartache for my daughter. I can see how it could be considered a minor error. Unintentional. But it is also a huge oversight with lasting affects.
Today, at a youth convention, it was announced that she would be advancing to a National exhibition and evaluation for her piece of art. She was not expecting this at all so you can imagine everyone's excitement. There were tears of joy! Two hours later, when we received her scores, was when we noticed the error that had been made and she was not advancing. Now to break the news to our twelve year old and now tears of heartache. At first I thought "Why her?" Then I remembered God is in control even in this. There is some growth that we will all get from this. Even if she doesn't know what it is, she can take this to God and have the heart that says " I did this for you God and that's all that matters." I guess it follows part of the weekend's message, "Who are you following?" A training moment to teach her it's about God's love and approval, not man's.
And.... we ALL make mistakes and we ALL need to forgive and be forgiven.
No comments:
Post a Comment